According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR) 36% of buyers who choose to purchase a NEW home do so to avoid plumbing (and electrical) problems.
So what can you do when showing homes that aren't brand new?
Here are my TOP 5 tips to help you spot problems and fix them right away:
- Change out old plumbing fixtures. It's easy, can be inexpensive and avoids certain and avoidable devaluation for the buyer.
- Make sure you know how old the water heater is. Water heater damage can be expensive and cause major damages. It's recommended that water heaters are professionally serviced at least once a year. Most people bypass their annual service until the systems start to cause problems and by then it can be too late.
- Know how to spot mold and water damage. Both can cause health issues and when not addressed, can cause major damage to the home itself.
- Look out for leaky and dripping toilets, tubs and sinks. Constant drips and leaks can make your client's water bill skyrocket. No one likes an unexpected water bill on top of the cost of fixing the problem.
- Listen for slow or gurgling water from the toilet. If you notice this, the home may have a clogged sewer line.
We are ready to be your plumbing partner. Whether to make your closings easier or keep your clients healthy and happy in their new homes (at least when it comes to their plumbing), we'd like to be your first choice for plumbers. Contact us at 301.363.1188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.